My life-coach is awesome. She sends me weekly texts to ask me what I want and takes time to list her hopes for me: “to have an excellent week (like a 10 on a ten-point scale kind of week)…full of joy and wonder at all the Lord is doing and will do in my life!”
Instead of focusing on how to get everything done on my to-do list, I pondered what a 10 out of 10 day would look like. Sure, it means checking things off my list but it also suggests a frame of mind. How do I want to BE as I go about my day? Will I have joy? Will I see people in the check-out line? Will I encourage others and have fun while I am cruising through my list? What does a 10/10 day look like?
For me, it looks like many things:
- being confident and not hiding while I am out and even looking for ways to bring joy to others while I am at it
- being patient with my four-year old
- being present with my family when the day is coming to a close instead of cramming in more
- thanking Jesus each time I get something done or when it turns out to be easier than expected
- praying for people I see during the day
- taking time for reflection
- remembering how loved I am by my Father in Heaven and letting that love flow out of me to others
What does a 10 out of 10 day look like for you? I hope you have just that kind of day, today!
One thought on “A 10/10 Kinda Day!”
Kathy, I like this post! What a challenge, and a good reminder about what is important in life, not just what needs to get checked off the to-do list. Thanks!